Friday, September 23, 2011

The pumpkin patch

This is just the kind of tacky marketing genius that demands you stop, take pictures, and actually buy something. We did all three. In case you don't recognize them, those are painted hay bales making up the jack-o-lantern man. But he was just the barker for the real show.
They had a field of pumpkins, squash, and indian corn. Maybe they had more, but that's what we bought. I normally don't care for squash, but I got introduced to spaghetti squash here. Not bad!

5 comments:

  1. I love those hay bales painted up like a jack o lantern. I've seen them around here before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures for the first day of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they do make people stop. I'm amazed at all the different colours of pumpkins there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim, I stopped in from ug (Christine's) blog. We just returned from a road trip to NC, specifically Bryson City. Grenville loves trains and it was the scene of Railfest. That's a great train trestle in your header photo, where is it at? You can see our train pics on our blog. Come for a visit anytime. ps Grenville is also of Scots-Irish heritage and has a degree in marine biology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hay bale art. I'm surprised we don't see more of it. Such nice pictures of early Fall.

    ReplyDelete