Monday, December 19, 2011

Welcome

 The Christmas season is a time for gatherings and celebrations, with many friends being welcomed into our homes. It also seemed to be a good time to welcome and thank all of you who have visited this blog over the past ten months. The blog was begun with rather weak motivation and I never dreamed so many would actually visit. I thank you; you do me an honor. Blogger tells me that twenty-six of you have signed up to follow, although it only lets me see twenty-two. I thank each of you, whether I can see who you are or not. And for those who are kind enough to leave a comment, I am especially grateful. It confirms for me that you have actually read the posting, not just stumbled upon it, and gives me valuable feedback on your interests. Although we've never met, I feel like I've gotten to know you. I hope you'll keep coming back. Jim

5 comments:

  1. Well, thank you, Jim. I've enjoyed my visits and your hospitality. I hope I'll be able to visit your blog again soon and I always appreciate your visits to my place. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got around to "following" you today, but I have been enjoying your blog for several weeks. My son travels in your area fairly often, and it's been really interesting getting to know your part of the US through your blogs. I look forward to reading many more of them and seeing your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting your blog Jim! You've done a terrific job and I enjoy your awesome photos! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your photos so much AND now I've had the pleasure of meeting you in person. I look forward to following you in 2012, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim, your blog has been one of the delightful discoveries of 2011 for me. I do consider you a friend and hope you'll have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete